Hello my fellow Direct Sales Moms! Have you thrown your first Facebook party yet? Perhaps you’ve attended one, or at least heard about them, but haven’t been brave enough to attempt one for yourself yet. Whatever your situation, today I’m going to walk you through How To Throw A Super Facebook Party. So put on your party hats and let’s dance!
Did you know that 79% of ALL online adults are on Facebook? *GULP*. According to Pew Research Center, this translates to 68% of all Americans. Wow. And you’re wondering how you can tap in to this massive market to profit with your own direct sales? Well let’s talk about Facebook Parties.
If you’ve never hosted a Facebook Party before, let’s go over some of the benefits:
- Party in your PJ’s
- You don’t have to clean your house
- No need to worry about your hair or makeup
- Weather isn’t a factor
- Save your money for buying products instead of spending it on snack foods to feed your guests
- Friends and family from out of State can attend
- It doesn’t cost a thing
- No cleanup afterwards
Just to name a few.Discover the world of Facebook Parties For Direct Sales reps! Put your party hats on & let's dance! Click To Tweet
1. Choose a THEME for your party:
- Hostess or Mystery Hostess
- Wedding or Bridal Theme
- Birthday Theme
2. Create a Facebook Event:
You can can choose to create a PRIVATE event where you have to send invitations to join the event (this is my personal recommendation as you have more control over the attendees), or you can make a PUBLIC event which is handy if you don’t mind a bunch of fellow consultants joining your party lol. Anyone can attend a public event, so there is a chance you’ll end up with a greater number of shoppers which is an added bonus, but the choice is entirely up to you!
3. Invite your friends, family, co-workers etc. Alternatively set up your hostess as an Admin of the event so she can invite all of her contacts. Don’t forget to do your hostess coaching too!
4. Plan ahead! You want to be well organized in advance so you know exactly what you’re going to do and how you’re going to do it. Pinterest is full of great party ideas and games, so don’t reinvent the wheel unless you have a brilliant idea that no one else is using!
5. Send a reminder note out to all of the invitee’s. Remind them that they can party and shop in their PJ’s and win some fabulous prizes.
6. Organize your gifts and other swag that you plan on offering as contest prizes or bonus offers.
7. Post in the event daily leading up to the party to help build excitement and enthusiasm. Your lead up posts should be fun and informative – a quote, a picture, a quick tip, etc.
8. Consider using a platform such as CinchShare to pre-schedule all of your posts prior to the start of the party. This one tip alone will save you TONS of time during the party!
9. Check and double check that you’ve got everything organized and ready to go for the day of the party.
10. Send a final reminder on the morning of the party! At least 15 minutes prior to the party starting, make your first post welcoming everyone and letting them know what to expect and how long the party will be open for – 24 hours is usually sufficient.
IMPORTANT!! After the party is over, send every attendee a personal message thanking them for attending!
Facebook Party Game Ideas:
- Scavenger Hunt
- Simon Says
- Duck, Duck, Goose
- Earn points
- Book a party & pick a prize
Have you ever hosted or attended a Facebook Party? I’d love to hear about your experiences!
— Wahm Dianne