Accepting The Sunshine Blogger Award
One of the things I love most about blogging is the friendships that are made. We are all there to help each other and to share the love. The blogging community is one that I’ve come to rely on and sometimes it’s nice to be recognized for the work that we do.
With that said, I am thrilled to announce that Wahm Cafe has been nominated to receive the Sunshine Blogger Award!
The Sunshine Blogger award is given to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community, which is something that I’ve had a passion for since 2002 when I first got my start online!
Before continuing on, I would be remiss if I didn’t send out a huge Thank You to Sane Momma for the award nomination!
Her mission is “to help mommas everywhere find some sanity and focus on self-care”, and boy, I could have used that when my kids were little!
Even though my kids aren’t so little anymore, I still make it a habit of focusing on my self-care and enjoy reading through the Sane Momma blog on a regular basis, and I suggest that you check her out too!
Ok Dianne, spill…
1. Why did you decide to become a blogger?
I originally started building a website way back in 2002, before blogging was even a thing! Fast forward many years and I’ve discovered my love of writing and my continued passion for helping others.
2. Has your blog always been the same niche, style, or platform? What has changed since the beginning?
Yes! With anything I’ve done online, I’ve always geared it towards helping others work from home. A lot has changed since the beginning. When I first started out, I hand coded everything in HTML. WordPress saved my sanity 🙂
3. What is your favorite movie or genre and why?
I’m a huge sucker for the RomCom! Romantic comedies just get me right in the feels. I’ve been single for a few years now, and I guess it’s nice to imagine a happy ending.
4. Aside from blogging, do you have any other hobbies?
I’m a music junkie. When I’m not buried in something online, I’m out with friends at a live music show!
5. Blogging is hard work. What motivates you to keep writing?
100% Transparency here… I’ve been homeless. I’ll never go back to being that low again. Knowing it’s out there definitely keeps me motivated! And my kids, the loves of my life <3
6. Describe your dream vacation?
Scotland!! I’ve already been there once, but would go back in a heartbeat and would even move there if I could! My family history is all Scottish, and it’s in my heart, not to mention my blood.
7. What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
Definitely my children. I have never been so proud of anything the way I am with those two <3
8. What is your favorite post on your blog?
Each and every one of them! They all have blood, sweat, tears and a whole lot of love in them!
9. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Buy a car. Yup, definitely a car!
10. What can make you smile, even on your worst day?
My best friends. They always seem to know when things aren’t going right, and always manage to squeak a laugh out of me. Brightens my day every time!
11. If you could buy one thing, regardless of cost, right now, what would it be?
A car. Yup, definitely a car. LOL! I’m feeling a tad repetitive here, but in all honesty, I haven’t had a car in over a year now and I feel like a lost puppy without it. Thanks to blogging, that should change in the very near future 😉
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
And The List Of Nominees are…
- Sparkly Bright Eyes
- The Peppermint Post
- Fun Mamma SA
- We Three Shanes
- Imagine Forest
- Ms. Health Esteem
- Spiritually Aware Parenting
- Lara Karrington
Questions For My Nominees:
1. What is the hardest part about blogging?
2. What do you do to relax?
3. What is your favorite TV series?
4. If you could take a trip to anywhere, where would you go?
5. What is something you’re looking forward to?
6. Name one thing that you love about yourself
7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
8. What brings you joy?
9. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
10. What is one thing you want to do or learn in 2018?
11. If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be, and why?
With that, it’s now time for me to turn it over to my Nominees! Best Wishes to all!
— Wahm Dianne